Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Tombs of Atuan

Title: The Tombs of Atuan
Author: Ursula K. Le Guin
Rating: Four Guitars

Sizzilin' Summary:
When Tenar is young, she is picked the High Priestess of the Nameless Powers. She is taken from her home, and is renamed Arha, the Eaten One. She falls into power as she grows up, and becomes accustomed to her underground domain of darkness.
But when the wizard Sparrowhawk, AKA Ged, comes along, Arha/Tenar is going to learn of the evil of the Nameless Ones and more...

Rockin' Review:
I liked this one better than the first one. It was a good story, and very well-written. But I didn't care for how it ended. It was kind of sad and pitiful, and a little on the confusing side, just because I don't usually read endings like this. But I think it's very human. You know... it's how a person would really act under the circumstances.
I wouldn't say whether or not you should get this. If you want an Earthsea classic not like the first book, go ahead and get it! This was honestly not my favorite, and I probably won't read it again. But if you read the first one, and want a change in pace from the "history-book-like" reading, get this book! It's much more like a normal book you would find in the fiction sections.

No comments:

Post a Comment