Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Cat Who Played Brahms

Title: The Cat Who Played Brahms
Author: Lilian Jackson Braun
Rating: Four Guitars

Sizzilin' Summary:
Qwilleran decides to take a summer vacation. He heads out to the country, living in a cabin near Mooseville, with his cats Koko and Yum Yum. An old family friend, "Aunt Fanny", is letting him borrow it.
But there's many mysteries hovering around Mooseville, and Qwill manages to hook one about murder...

Rockin' Review:
So far, this is the worst Cat Who book I've read. It was still very good. The story was very well-written. But the mystery needs work. The clues didn't completely add up in the end, and I'm not sure that the surprising twist at the end was completely explained. I know what I think happened, but I'm not sure...
The rest of the book was pretty good, however. The mystery-hunting was decent (though the mystery vein needs work, like I said). It was very well-written.
This was still a very good book, but I'm not sure if it's the best mystery read.

No comments:

Post a Comment