Sunday, January 1, 2012

Southern Cross

Title: Southern Cross
Author: Jack McKinney
Rating: Three and Half Guitars

Sizzilin' Summary:
20 years after the First Robotech War, a new alien race threatens Earth... the Robotech Masters! A war begins once more...
Will Dana Sterling, the half-human half-Zentraedi, be able to lead her squad into victory?

Rockin' Review:
This wasn't my favorite book of the Robotech series. It wasn't terrible, but it was only about average. Then again, we're covering the part of the Robotech anime I didn't overly care for.
And I actually enjoyed this book better than the series-section it was following! Part of it is that Jack McKinney is a pretty good author (though you have to get used to his style, which includes some Point Of View [POV] mistakes), and part of it is that I got to learn stuff that I didn't learn in the series. Like they explain the "Army of the Southern Cross" in here. I never truly understand that in the series. And we get some indication why Dana was left on Earth... though we're really not sure.
This is not my fave book, but maybe one to get if you're collecting the series, and/or need something (or understand something) better after watching part of this section of the Robotech anime series.

No comments:

Post a Comment